View Single Post
Old 17.12.2017, 13:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 411 Times in 319 Posts
Thanked 17,283 Times in 9,702 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: American in Fribourg

Quote:
View Post
I have a question about Fribourg. I see that city is French/German speaking. Does it mean that I can choose to put my kids in either French or German school.

I ask because they do not speak neither of these two but I would prefer German as I find it more useful in Switzerland (only my opinion, no insult)
No, because you don't get to choose which public school your children go to. It's usually the school nearest to where you live so if you want German then you need to live in a German speaking part of the city: Schoenberg, Tafers, Dudingen, etc. Mostly east, southeast and northeast of the city is German; west, northwest and southwest is French speaking. But it depends on the commune/gemeinde itself so check their websites to see what language they're in.

https://www.google.ch/maps/place/Fri...73!4d7.1619719

Kids will also learn French anyway as their second/third language at school.
The following 2 users would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post: