View Single Post
Old 20.12.2017, 09:09

Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
peaky has earned the respect of manypeaky has earned the respect of manypeaky has earned the respect of many
Re: pillar 1 and Pillar 2 related questions

For your 3a, you should be able to contribute. Depending how long you are unemployed for, depends if it has any tax benefits or not. But As far as I know its not employment related.

For the AHV pension. If you are claiming RAV/Chomage, you will still be paying into the AHV. Depending how much your unemployed benefit is, depends if you are paying the same bracket as you were employed (again depending how long you're unemployed, this could affect the amount you are entitled to at retirement, I wouldnt worry so much about it)

Your company pension, 2nd pillar, this needs moving to a libre passage or vested benefit account. Your company will move this to theirs, which may not pay best interest, so you should look into it. WIR I found to be one of the best. The total amount will be moved and held. On employment again you are obliged to move this into the new pension fund. There is no fees for having the account, opening or closing it. This one is employment related and you cant pay into it unless employed