View Single Post
Old 26.12.2017, 17:28
Forum Legend

Groaned at 87 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 8,243 Times in 3,832 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Poland has benefited massively from joining the EU ...
Completely agree, but not quite for the reasons you've stated. FMOP has led to them losing the best and brightest of an entire generation, with a relatively small percentage returning.

Quote:
View Post
The top jobs will transfer to Amsterdam, Frankfurt or Dublin, but the mid-level positions will move to Poland.
3 or 4 times over the last couple of weeks, I've seen UK political commentators discussing passporting on tv say... "Nobody wants to go to Frankfurt because it's a ****hole". Personally, I think Paris is more likely, and possibly Dublin. As I expected the Netherlands be the first to pull the Article 50 trigger, I think they may struggle to regain faith in them staying in the EU long enough for companies to see them as a safe bet for relocation.

Quote:
View Post
Therefore one would expect Poland to be happy to be in this union, instead what we get is a Euro-phobic government whose narrative is that they have brought growth in Poland despite the EU, while the truth is that all this growth is happening in Poland thanks to the EU.
Totally agree.

Quote:
View Post
To sum up, Poland leaving the EU of its own free will would be excellent news for me personally and something really good for the EU on the long term.
Interesting. We shall see.
This user would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: