View Single Post
Old 29.12.2017, 01:46
Forum Legend

Groaned at 434 Times in 375 Posts
Thanked 18,111 Times in 9,641 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
It is a problem, but a problem that can be solved. Brexit was never going to be easy but the end result will make any pain worthwhile. I guess people like you still can't see this as another example of why people voted Brexit in the first place. In the last 40 years so much of running the country has been outsourced to unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats who want nothing more than to control and regulate every single aspect of your miserable life.

Nobody was ever asked if they want a customs port in Rotterdam, nobody was ever asked if they wanted to hand over trade negotiations to the EU, nobody was ever asked if they wanted to have the "four freedoms" of the EU...
Sorry but that is just jingoism.

Now one and a half years after the Referendum can you point to any real tangible Brexit benefits (end results) that we can all touch and feel.

To put it in a simple way in the EU new laws are drawn up by civil servants in Brussels then reviewed by both Houses of the UK Parliament, approved by the EU Parliament, the EU Commission and the Council of Europe.

After Brexit new UK laws will be drawn up by civil servants in Whitehall then approved by both Houses of Parliament and the Queen. I really do not see a big difference but I am open to being convinced.