View Single Post
Old 30.12.2017, 15:52

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
You can burn your British passport anytime you like and it won't make any difference to you.

You know what you can do with your supercilious attitude, Heidi.
Only know one Heidi, and she is very British and lives in the UK, and very lovely and kind.

You couldn't be more wrong ... we have always planned on returning to the UK once we can't easily travel, when we are old (not quite there yet)- our daughters and grandchildren are there, and we would never burden them with the worry of worrying that we are abroad and too far for them to visit often. That is their request, and we will honour it - they saw how hard it was for me to look after my elderly parents whislt working full time, especially in senior management, from the UK. Had to give up seniority, and eventually give up my job and change my life altogether, to doso. I would never expect them to do the same. Soon 67 and 72 - so that time will come. And if one of us was widowed, the other would return to UK.

So what happens to the UK is massively important to us- for them, and for us too, in a very direct way. The reason we kept property in the UK. We actually stand to gain a lot if the goes down even further, in the long term. Ta.

Will always keep a small place here too- for EXIT purposes- and to visit the area and friends too. I've always loved England - and have never ever turned against it and said 'Blighty gone to dogs and I just can't understand people there' ...Our move here was a positive one, not an escape - as some expats have done.

Last edited by Odile; 30.12.2017 at 16:38.
This user would like to thank for this useful post: