View Single Post
Old 06.01.2018, 15:40
smutek smutek is offline
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ZH
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
smutek has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Drivers licence] Conversion and questions, Mark II

View Post
Do get an unrestricted license you need it 12 months before you became a Swiss resident. In this case all is done correctly.

You will get an unconditional when either A or B has been acquired more than 12 months before you became resident. There is only one probation period which start when you acquire your first A or B license. There are also 2-phasen/WAB courses for A, but they are few and rare. People needing to do 2-phasen/WAB courses which have A and B can do the courses either on A or B as they wish.

There are no cantonal regulations or differences that I am aware of as all is regulated on federal level (Either VZV or ASA and ASTR guidelines). If you know them please share, thank you.
Silly question part 2 as I am still not sure if I do correctly understand this.
EU License, Category B acquired 10years ago, Cat. A aquired 01.06.2017, resident since 01.09.2017 - If I will convert both of my licenses after 01.06.2018 am I also going to get category A unrestricted? As this will be past 12 months since I've got it?

Reply With Quote