View Single Post
Old 08.01.2018, 11:57
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 249 Times in 178 Posts
Thanked 2,158 Times in 997 Posts
J2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
I have engaged in discussion with Uttar Pradesh type Hindus, but it was on Internet forums and they were a long long way away from me, both geographically and in terms of everyday experiences and contextual understanding. Also, they did appear quite reasonable by and large, and argued that a lot of what I believed abouit them was untrue or only one side of the story, and invited me to come there to see for myself. Seeing i have more pressing things to do, I never did test that hypothesis. But maybe there is some truth to it.
Yes, lynching somebody en masse and killing them in full view of their children is of course, an appropriate response to a rumour that said person ate some beef. People who do that are of course 'quite reasonable, by and large'.

religious extremism is religious extremism, whether in a village in Uttar pradesh or the streets of Budleigh Salterton.
The following 2 users would like to thank J2488 for this useful post: