View Single Post
Old 08.01.2018, 12:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 14,971 Times in 7,694 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
History has shown that when times are tough, people find it much more palatable to blame the people they are told to blame, rather then face the fact that their society is broken through their own inaction. This is true even when their own personal experience is contradictory to the narrative they are told.

Often, the people responsible for society's shortfalls will be the ones offering up a scapegoat, and the chaos that follows suits them just fine. For the scapegoats, though, things are never quite the same again.

Jews know this only too well.
I hear you and agree up to some point. Jews know it too well but Jews are also a relatively small community (I know, I know....some will argue they're...everywhere!), despite of being quite spread across the world. Re. Islamic religion and followers - I think there is quite a lot of diplomacy today, in Europe, if only because so many countries have Islam as dominant religion and people need economic relations. I don't think that things can get out of control on this issue. Prejudices are a different thing though and to act against those it will take a while. Seriously, you can't imply that Muslims in Europe of today suffer what Jews suffered not only before the second world war, but many a time throughout European history.
Meanwhile, episodes like Charlie Hebdo don't help at all.