View Single Post
Old 08.01.2018, 17:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 240 Times in 203 Posts
Thanked 23,248 Times in 9,883 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Trolletariat! A new word that I like. I don't think Caligula was a troll, just a true tyrant of his times...(Trump though might be considered a troll, one who wants power not necessarily change) But anyway, let's play with the trolling thing - I prefer the trolling of Socrates, Plato and Diogenes. :-)
Why so you think that?

Surely a true tyrant tries to be a slimey as possible and to play the game to their own advantage?

Somebody who deliberately breaks the rules in a way that benefits nobody is either mentally deranged, or is playing the game on a higher level.

Of course many people say that Trump is mentally deranged, and I have no doubt they said that of Caligula in his time. But I like to entertain the notion that there may be another explanation. You know, people who are genuinely crazy but still functional generally try to hide their craziness, not draw attention to it.

Actually there is evidence that Plato was a troll. Not all the time obviously, but some of his writings do smell of it. Socrates was way too much of a nice guy to do that. I never studied Diogenes myself.
The following 2 users would like to thank amogles for this useful post: