View Single Post
Old 17.01.2018, 11:16
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 85 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 2,502 Times in 801 Posts
Principia Discordia has a reputation beyond reputePrincipia Discordia has a reputation beyond reputePrincipia Discordia has a reputation beyond reputePrincipia Discordia has a reputation beyond reputePrincipia Discordia has a reputation beyond reputePrincipia Discordia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SANA/Swiss fishing certification courses available in English

Quote:
View Post
How much pre knowledge would I need and how much would I learn? All I know so far are: I have the Sportfischer Brevet book, I know there are fish in the water, and how to cast a rod w/o getting the hook in my own lips.

After the course would I just pass the test or would also I gain helpful knowledge?

This course assumes fishing knowledge beforehand, and deals primarily with issues particular to Switzerland that fishermen and women from other countries likely aren't familiar with. (Catch and release, pacht vs. patent system, identification of local fish, what's allowed and what's not allowed, etc)

We don't really go over knots or casting or specific fishing techniques, it wouldn't really be possible in a 5 hour course such as this one when you have some people who fly fish, some who carp fish, others who fish for pike with spinning from a boat, etc.

The test itself isn't particularly hard, everything in it is covered by the brevet.