View Single Post
Old 26.01.2018, 15:36
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 9,909 Times in 4,167 Posts
Carlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Salary for health economics/market access consultant - pharmacist with a PhD

Quote:
View Post
If you go and read the original post, you find this: I aim to start my career as a health economics/market access management consultant
Ah, then you need to improve your written communication skills (as well as still work on your composure). For what it is worth, communication skills (written and oral) are important along with the interpersonal skill for anyone in consultancy.

The way you wrote it is misleading, consider: I aim to start my career in health economics/market access consultancy by...

You are welcome for this piece of advice from someone who has been working in the pharmaceutical industry for 20 years (sheesh that makes me feel old), with a good 10 of those in consulting.

Quote:
View Post
... Basic interpersonal skills are way more important at the beginning of ones career than skills....
Exactly what I was going to write - I hire on attitude and fit as these things tend not to change too much in a given person, while anyone can be upskilled or trained in a particular discipline (learning ability can more easily be shown in a CV).

Quote:
View Post
moany moan about people on my thread boo hoo etc
I repeat - read slowly - by posting here the thread stays current, as opposed to disappearing in the thread graveyard. That means you are more likely to get interest in the thread, and, in turn, people responding. Surely basic statistics, sample size, access and probability are part of your studies?!

Then again, being a dick will likely reduce the chances of someone wanting to impart their info.

Hey ho, as I said earlier, good luck with your job applications, hope you find what you are looking for.
This user groans at Carlos R for this post: