View Single Post
Old 29.01.2018, 23:30
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 249 Times in 178 Posts
Thanked 2,158 Times in 997 Posts
J2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Salary for health economics/market access consultant - pharmacist with a PhD

Quote:
View Post
HomoSapiens, I would recommend you to not waste more of your time on this thread. The bullies have ganged up on you. They undervalue your education and they have analysed your character as abrasive and your behaviour as petulant after working you up with their negative comments. This happens to a lot of people who come here with similar questions. Keep in mind that most of the people who are writing all those long answers have nothing better to do and are probably in boring jobs to which they cling on for dear life because they have near zero chance of finding employment elsewhere.

Don't let them get to you. They are attacking you ad hominem.
Undervalue? No my dear. The fact is the value if something is related to the supply of it.

Prior to the economic crash there were far more opportunities for people like the OP. But since then, the job market is saturated with PhD holders. Time was, we would get maybe 40 serious applicants for a role requiring a PhD. Now, 100 is surpassed in a couple of days. Instead of competing with just 'local' job hunters, you're now competing with people across the world. Around 25% of the serious applicants are from the far east or the US. This is the new reality.

Many people who got laid off in the crisis ending up setting up consultancies, sometimes with partners who count hundreds of years of experience across them. And not for silly money either; the greater competition meant companies like mine could employ consultants for very low rates.

This isnt bullying - this is real life. If OP considers this bullying, then I'm sorry, but he is not ready for the dog-eat-dog world of consulting.
The following 3 users would like to thank J2488 for this useful post:
This user groans at J2488 for this post: