View Single Post
Old 31.01.2018, 15:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 828 Times in 581 Posts
Thanked 16,502 Times in 6,473 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: how DIFFICULT to land a job in Finance (Front office)

Quote:
View Post
Absolutely correct!
My British friend who is a British Airway retired pilot living in Zurich also questioned the same.

I told him: when you were at my age of 30 and got trained as a captain in London, would you ever consider to work for Swiss Air as a Ground Service staff assuming the Swiss salary is 50% higher that a BA pilot? He then has his answer.

I don't need a job, but I need a career. I would be very grateful to have an UNPAID internship at front office rather than a senior risk role with good salary.
That is just naive logic. There is nothing to stop you looking for a new career while maintaining (however loosely) a stable job... most of us have done it in our lives. Instead, you made an idealistic and immature decision to cut off your source of stable income, which is just about the biggest no-no for anyone within Switzerland that is not on the verge of a mental breakdown or complete burnout. Regardless of whether you saw a future in that job, if you are now "depressed" (more likely you mean extremely frustrated than truly depressed) as a result of finding no new job and having no stable income in the meantime then you really only have yourself to blame and should consider it a life lesson learnt.
The following 3 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: