View Single Post
Old 13.02.2018, 10:01
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 14,893 Times in 7,664 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Worrying numbers, problem is everybody talks about controlling immigration to ensure only skilled workers are allowed in but there are big shortages at the lower end
People were told that after Brexit immigration to UK will be stopped. If I was British, I'd be really pissed if even after Brexit it continued as usual.
What's so difficult to understand?

Quote:
View Post

Also, farmers want willing, motivated workers (well, every employer wants, eventually). They don't really want to employ people who have been summoned to the fields by some government agency.
Motivate them with money. It's the best motivational factor I can think of. Of course they're not motivated to work on the same salaries as desperate people from EE. Don't imagine that all those fruit pickers were always doing the same kind of work..

So, really. Brexit happened. Make the best of it.