View Single Post
Old 13.02.2018, 19:45
Forum Legend

Groaned at 276 Times in 233 Posts
Thanked 20,320 Times in 7,398 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss chicken vs. foreign chicken

Quote:
View Post
I think we've debated this subject numerous times before - is it worth shopping abroad? In this case - Germany. For me France is jut not an option, although I'd really love to have that choice.
So, I'll say it again - for a good quality in Germany you pay the kind of prices that make the whole adventure not worth the effort. I prefer to leave my money where they are produced - in Switzerland. A fool is what I am, I know. (the Swiss will be the first to laugh at me, am pretty sure of that)
Yeah... and I'll say it again: I am happy to pay good money for good meat. But I don't like to be taken for a ride in the way Swiss retail does. A six EUR bottle of suncream made in the EU costs suddenly 20 CHF. Add this up for all the non-food stuff from toothpaste to washing detergent and you can literally save several hundreds on stuff that does not turn bad the next week. Even in our two person household without kids did this made more than sense. Not every week, but whenever it made sense did we stock up. And while I agree that on average Swiss meat is better than EU meat can I not say the same about Swiss mangos at triple the EU prices