View Single Post
Old 15.02.2018, 15:53

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I don't care about UK tbh, but I do hope that once the Brexit is officially done, people will go back to normal and run their country as they see fit, and focus on those problems they felt they can't tackle because of the EU. It can be a successful story or not. Time to find out the truth.
They won't. And as someone who voted for Brexit (and would vote for Brexit again should the question be put to the people again), I find that profoundly disappointing.

As I've said before, the Tories offered the demos a choice of chips or rice, knowing full well that nobody had bought any potatoes. The sheer incompetence and irresponsibility of this simple act is not far from treasonous.

This may well be the United Kingdom's only opportunity to leave the vile, corrupt organisation that is the European Union, and so far the signs are not looking good. I would not be at all surprised to see Brexit cancelled and the United Kingdom become a full member of the EU with the Euro as our currency and battalions of the European Army stationed on our shores, all because Cameron and his cronies couldn't be arsed to do the groundwork for a proper departure. The fact that membership of the European Economic Community and later the European Union was a Tory project all along might not be an entirely irrelevant point, either.

They simply never wanted it, didn't prepare for it, offered it to us anyway, and now have no way of delivering it.

Bastards, the lot of them.
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post: