View Single Post
Old 20.02.2018, 11:51
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 34 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,163 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rent reduction for no hot water+heating

Quote:
View Post
I've already involved the Mietverband and have an offer of rent reduction from the management. Letters were exchanged and the correct forms observed.

What I'd like is 2nd opinion because the "Gerichtsentscheide" (and other posts on EF) don't give guidance on interpret the "you can get x%" off.

We had a lack of hot water and heating for at least 10 days over a 7 week period in November+December: they've offered half of one month's rent as compensation.

This is 15 days rent back for 10 days affected.
How do I interpret this compared to (for example) "15% reduction in rent for the affected period"
So you're getting 150% reduction for the affected days - TBH sounds pretty good to me, unless there was other significant hardship like you had to move out.

If you had actual additional heating costs that you can demonstrate, maybe you could try adding those on while still accepting the compensation part.
The following 2 users would like to thank newtoswitz for this useful post: