View Single Post
Old 20.02.2018, 13:29
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 34 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,163 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rent reduction for no hot water+heating

Quote:
View Post
Awww crap, we had this issue should have done the same.

Oh a side note (slight thread hijack), we realized that we don't have control over the floor heating in one of our rooms. Is this something we can go after, or it is one of those: It is what it is.
What do you mean by "don't have control"?

You can obviously ask to get it fixed; and I guess you could complain formally if they don't.

But it's hard to say what you could claim for - is the room unusably hot or cold, so you could claim a rent reduction?

I guess if it is unpleasantly but not unusably hot or cold you would have to give them time to fix it.

Also depends on what is a reasonable expectation - in an older property like mine, "control" is a very relative term since the thermostats are all physical ones sub-optimally located in the rooms (e.g. behind doors), and dependent to some degree on each other since there's only so much hot water that can be pumped down the main supply pipe.