View Single Post
Old 25.02.2018, 10:42

Re: Considering to leave Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hello,

I wonder in which European countries could I save similar amount of money as I could in Switzerland. To give you a rough idea, I am a single person, a junior engineer with a salary bracket of about 75 to 95000CHF and monthly expenses of about CHF2000.

Life in Switzerland is getting depressing and I'm considering to move somewhere else. Also, I don't have much time to think about it as probation period is rolling towards the end and afterwards I would be locked with 3 month notice period.
You would have to look at it less in absolute terms and more in how it would work out relatively. You could move to, say, Germany, be on a lower salary but have lower living expenses so your net living standard would be similar to here (if you squint really hard and keep an open mind )

How long have you been in Switzerland? If it's just the 3 month probation period (or thereabouts as you allude to in your post), anything under 6 months is probably not enough time to settle into a country. Switzerland is indeed not the easiest country to settle in but, given perseverance and finding an ability to roll with the punches, it's not a bad place to be.
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post: