View Single Post
Old 09.03.2018, 14:35
Forum Legend

Groaned at 86 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 17,223 Times in 7,665 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [Drivers licence] Conversion and questions, Mark II

Quote:
View Post
She normally only needs to do a "Kontrollfahrt" which roughly is driving about half an hour to see how well she is aware of the rules and if she controls the car properly enough and yes one can fail these.

Quote:
View Post
Just noticed my wife has provisional driving licence, ending next Monday. To my defense (maybe), nobody told us anything about this regulation in CH.
If it is a provisional Swiss license than it is as Artax says. One gets a provision license if they passed neither car nor motorcycle test 12 months before the move to Switzerland. (and also if you do the driving license test in Switzerland).

You have a three month grace period to do the two WAB courses. To do the courses you will need special permission from the local SAN/StVA, as the license is void. One cannot fail a WAB course (unless they leave class early or behave totally inconsiderate)

If you do not do the courses within the 3 month grace period you will lose the categories and you must start from scratch. No "only needs Kontrollfahrt", start from zero.

See Art. 24b VZV https://www.admin.ch/opc/de/classifi...ndex.html#a24b