View Single Post
Old 14.03.2018, 13:49
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 57 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,169 Posts
MsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brexit (and other UK stuff) information roadshow in Swizterland

Quote:
View Post
My highlight was the very last question. A guy asked the Ambassador what her regrets were about Brexit. Even though she toed the 'stay positive' line in most of her response, she did dip her toe over the line a little.
I think it was regrets and questions and wishes for the future. And she was remarkably quiet about her hopes and questions for the UK relationship with Switzerland (and Lichtenstein) for my liking. I guess, as she stated that the CH-UK deal would be reliant mostly on the UK-EU deal it makes sense that it was important in her mind. But because she starting off stating that CH was the 3rd biggest trading partner and as she is our ambassador here, I would have like that her emphasis was more on Britain's reputation, British trade, and British people in Switzerland (and Lichtenstein).
Also, the lady who Skyped in as part of the Brexit team mentioned that there were specific people working on the post Brexit UK - CH and EEC agreements and I did wonder why it wasn't one of those who was included (especially as I found her answers very vague).

Last edited by MsWorWoo; 14.03.2018 at 14:03.
This user would like to thank MsWorWoo for this useful post: