View Single Post
Old 15.03.2018, 11:13
Forum Legend

Groaned at 109 Times in 74 Posts
Thanked 2,362 Times in 1,110 Posts
gbn has a reputation beyond reputegbn has a reputation beyond reputegbn has a reputation beyond reputegbn has a reputation beyond reputegbn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Liberty vested benefit account?

Quote:
View Post
From the other thread, I thought you thought you were not eligible to withdraw pillar 2 as you had moved to an EU country.
You can't withdraw all of it.

Just anything over the "mandatory amount" (a.k.a the "extra-mandatory" bit)

https://www.ch.ch/en/withdraw-pension-early/

Quote:
Anyone leaving Switzerland to settle in an EU/EFTA member state, may generally not cash in their pension from the compulsory pension plan as persons in the new country of domicile are insured by law to receive old age, survivors' and invalidity benefits. The mandatory portion of your pension assets must therefore remain in a blocked account (vested benefits account or policy) in Switzerland and can only be paid out when you reach retirement age. The extra-mandatory portion of your pension, however, may be paid out in cash. The mandatory and extra-mandatory portions of your pension are listed on the personal insurance certificate under the heading ‘Retirement provision information’.
The other thread was where you gave some conditions where you can get all of it (that don't apply to the average leaver)

My split was, IIRC about 30% mandatory which is now in my current Swiss employer's scheme (paid 2.25% in 2017!)
The other 70% I took to Malta.

Last edited by gbn; 15.03.2018 at 11:29. Reason: typo
This user would like to thank gbn for this useful post: