View Single Post
Old 16.03.2018, 09:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 113 Times in 101 Posts
Thanked 10,744 Times in 4,738 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brexit (and other UK stuff) information roadshow in Swizterland

Quote:
View Post
You expect more from government employees?
Yes because even I knew those basic facts before entering the country, and with less than 4 weeks notice.
Quote:
View Post
Wow, some of you display such a lack of emotional intelligence it is frightening.
King of the cheap shots at it again. Quelle surprise!
Quote:
View Post
They very obviously did it to give the impression that they care and are listening to concerns of British expat citizens about Brexit. It was essentially a PR exercise and one that was from my side not unappreciated because in the end they did at least ease, or even in some cases put to rest, some valid permit and citizenship concerns.
Yes, they did ease some concerns, but also showed a lack of some very basic knowledge, i.e. residency permits & employment selection criteria. After speaking to several people who attended, they all picked up on the same. When I handed in my papers at the end of the event, one of the Embassy staff read through my answers and passed me over to another staff member who went through the queries in a lot more detail. He was very clear with exactly what the Embassy do and didn't know at this stage, and how the questionaires would be extremely helpful in planning their next round of talks, so if anyone would like to complete the papers posted yesterday and email or post them to Bern, I feel sure they would be welcomed.

I fully expected a lot of "We don't know yet" answers, because the UK Embassy in Spain are on their third round of these roadshows and gave a lot of those responses in the first two rounds. As the Ambassador said, much of the final bilateral deal agreed between the UK and Switzerland will be dependent upon the deal agreed between the UK and EU, so I find it helpful to refer to the Brexit Roadshows that recently took place in Germany as they are a step closer to the 'coal face'.

This user would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: