View Single Post
Old 22.03.2018, 21:28
Forum Legend

Groaned at 298 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 12,692 Times in 6,985 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Poisoning of two Russians and a police officer in Salisbury, UK

Quote:
View Post
That's a "highly likely" thing again. Pure speculations. What did not Russia follow?
The thriller in The Mirsayanov's book?
Once again: There is no other source about Novichok than this book, Or is there?

Aha, copy-paste of URLs from other post doesn;t work. Here it is

https://www.opcw.org/fileadmin/OPCW/...rc3dg01_e_.pdf

I see no difference from the stories about the Iraq chemical weapons program, only the test tube with white powder is missing. Where are the documents?

Whatt marks did you have for chemistry in the school?
NaCl contains 1 Na and 1 Cl.
If you react 5 Na and 1 Cl, you still get 1 NaCl, and 4 unused Na
Looks like if BBC will tell you that 2x2 highly likely is 7, you'll defend it to the last breath.
"NaCl contains 1 Na and 1 Cl.
If you react 5 Na and 1 Cl,"

I suppose you never did chemistry in school?
That idea is not very clever
Tossing lumps of sodium metal into chlorine gas is not something I recommend you try at home and does not work without some water as a catalyst.

The reaction is extremely exothermic, producing a bright yellow light and a great deal of heat energy.

You need to react something like Na2CO3 (sodium carbonate) with HCl (hydrochloric acid) which gives NaCl (common table salt) plus H2O (water).
If you get the proportions wrong with maybe too much HCl then you will get a result that will burn your tongue off if you put it on your fried potatoes.

Organic chemistry is even more complicated
One of the Novichok components is an organophosphate which looks like this
Name:  1200px-Phosphate_formula.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  15.3 KB
If you add the incorrect proportion of the other component then you will get something quite different than Novichok.

But you know all this and you are just trolling?

Last edited by marton; 22.03.2018 at 23:38.