View Single Post
Old 22.03.2018, 23:47
Forum Legend

Groaned at 38 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 17,395 Times in 4,471 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simplest way to import food and sell in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hi, I am employed and have a B permit.
Additionally to my job, I would like to import a (very small) amount of food products from EU and sell them in Switzerland to private citizens and small local shops. Very low profit is forecasted (max few hundreds per month, only some months).

How can I do this in the simplest way and paying as little as possible in tax/registration fees?

I thought I could open an e-commerce, I think I can do that as a private citizen (without starting a business) if profit is below 100k chf. Is that right?
No idea where you got this below 100k profit thing from. You won't need to register for MwsT if your sales are below 100k. But many people with no experience of business do seem to confuse sales with profit.

But you will need a food handling license and have your storage and or food prep areas approved.

Re lowest start up costs, you could register as an Einzelfirma, but safer to do so as a GmbH. Loads of thread on EF about this, do some research then come back with more specific questions.
The following 2 users would like to thank grumpygrapefruit for this useful post: