View Single Post
Old 31.03.2018, 19:15
Forum Legend

Groaned at 527 Times in 444 Posts
Thanked 20,485 Times in 10,771 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
D. Sunshine Hillygus, a professor at Duke University who serves on the Census Scientific Advisory Committee, opened a presentation at the panel's spring meeting on Thursday by making it clear that she thought including such a question [on citizenship] was a bad idea.

"I want to say in no uncertain terms I think this is an absolutely awful decision," she said. "I am still dumbfounded that this decision is coming in at such a late date. My view is that this is going to have severe negative implications for data quality and costs."
Source

Meanwhile
Quote:
VA spokeswoman Lindsey Walters said, "Secretary Shulkin resigned from his position as Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs."

A source familiar with the situation told Politico that Shulkin had never tendered a resignation letter!
Source

and an early April 1st prank
Quote:
Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
While we are on the subject, it is reported that the U.S. Post Office will lose $1.50 on average for each package it delivers for Amazon. That amounts to Billions of Dollars.
The Failing N.Y. Times reports that “the size of the company’s lobbying staff has ballooned,” and that ...does not include the Fake Washington Post, which is used as a “lobbyist” and should so REGISTER.
If the P.O. “increased its parcel rates, Amazon’s shipping costs would rise by $2.6 Billion.” This Post Office scam must stop.
Amazon must pay real costs (and taxes) now!
Amazon also uses competitive parcel services like UPS and FedEx so they do not need USPS.
Does USPS need Amazon? That is an interesting question!

In their 2017 financial statement of results USPS wrote "The growth in our Shipping and Packages business provided some help to the financial picture of the Postal Service" so likely they do need Amazon.