View Single Post
Old 09.04.2018, 23:24

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Gechoe has earned some respectGechoe has earned some respect
Re: Experiences: what's so good about South Africa, anyway?

Oh Yes the wines are good and the grapes are simply the pill version of these good wines. The awesome diamonds were never really accessible to the normal people(still aren't) and it was a beautiful country with abundant wild life and stunning beaches.

The sad reality of modern day SA is that the crime is ridiculously high, the fraud and corruption have removed all the stones so none could be left unturned, clean litter free beaches are hard to find and all but a very few wild animals have been poached onto the endangered list.

Sadly SA is simply following the same route other Southern African countries have gone (Northern Rhodesia, Southern Rhodesia etc.) and I can only feel sorry for the good people still living there with no way out.

Life in CH has been financially challenging and it was a large adjustment coming here from SA and trying to start a new better life for the family, but it is a much better life and no more financially challenging than it was in SA.

At the end of the day. I grew up in Southern Africa and lived in SA for 34 years and I can honestly say that given the changes in SA and the way it is now, I am glad we left and I would never return.

Many people(from SA) have said to me "you did the right thing by leaving", none have ever said "you were mad to leave"
The following 3 users would like to thank Gechoe for this useful post: