View Single Post
Old 11.04.2018, 15:31

Groaned at 18 Times in 17 Posts
Elu has a reputation beyond reputeElu has a reputation beyond reputeElu has a reputation beyond reputeElu has a reputation beyond reputeElu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
But there are some values/culture that I think the vast majority do believe in which are at odds with the current values/culture, and I don't see them changing anytime soon (if ever) hence the simplified question.

We could argue about the vast majority thing but i agree with you in general. There are certain points like child marriage, sharia law etc. where I think we have to be adamant as a host and be careful not to loose our identity.

My hypothesis is, that no secondo who grew up here will be in favour of child marriage or the like. Source (a bad one though): I have a lot of secondo kids as students.(Ofc there will be some religious nutters as everywhere, but this will be a small percentage).
Therefore, even if the majority o a city should be muslim, I doubt that a lot will change. At least if we don't have a huge wave of first-generation immigrants and we can avoid ghettoisation as said before.
This user would like to thank Elu for this useful post: