View Single Post
Old 14.04.2018, 19:22

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
LIBRANS has no particular reputation at present
Re: Gyms in Lausanne/Vaud

Quote:
View Post
Hey there! I am a nutrition and fitness coach who specializes in female training and in most cases, I warn everyone to stay away from ladies-only gyms. Not only they are poorly equipped, but the level of qualification of personnel, in general, is very bad, and safety is even worse. They typically put emphasis on group classes, those classes are way overcrowded, making it impossible to ensure everyone is performing the exercise safely. Personal trainers don't even know the location of muscle groups or how to work around injuries. They also push "diets", often unsafe, and various spa procedures. No one cares about real results, science or safety, they only care about money and marketing.

If the gym doesn't post their trainers _and_ their qualifications, it is best to stay away from such gym. Unfortunately, very few gyms care about qualifications.

Thank you so much Kay77 - I was reading up on one called the 'Schaefer Ladies Fitness' based in Lausanne and its created by women for women. Its very interesting to hear your take of female only gyms and one that I will reflect on - I am at the moment trying to locate a ' good ' gym for me that is both economical and offers the quality and facilities that one wants- I will go and view this gym and see how I feel. Really appreciate the advice. Regards and thank you Kay77
This user would like to thank LIBRANS for this useful post: