View Single Post
Old 15.04.2018, 14:59
Forum Legend

Groaned at 83 Times in 74 Posts
Thanked 16,373 Times in 7,283 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Transfer plaques d'immatriculation (GE) to family member

Quote:
View Post
Also, Swiss authorities in general do not recognise civil partnerships arranged in other countries, which is simply perverse. (And yet the DFAE will issue a CdL for a 'concubin/concubine' of a partner of an employee of an international organisation, which adds to the irrationality.)
You also can get a "family reunification" permit https://www.eda.admin.ch/eda/en/home...rmalities.html for your cohabiting partner. But in the end only marriage counts for non-same sex couples.

There are more instances were married and non-married couples do not have the same rights and obligations. It is how it is. And I think how it is, is rather good (I am not married btw.)

If you want the additional rights a married couple gets, than no one is hindering you. Simply go to the town hall and make it official. No need for an ring, church, cake, party, or what's not.

But I assume there are reason why you are not married. Like because marriage will have some drawbacks which you rather not like to have. See that is the thing with the having the cake and eating it. You can not have both. You have to walk the walk if you want to go were the married couple privileges are.