View Single Post
Old 15.04.2018, 17:59
Forum Legend

Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 4,210 Times in 2,171 Posts
Verbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Transfer plaques d'immatriculation (GE) to family member

Quote:
View Post
You also can get a "family reunification" permit https://www.eda.admin.ch/eda/en/home...rmalities.html for your cohabiting partner. But in the end only marriage counts for non-same sex couples.

There are more instances were married and non-married couples do not have the same rights and obligations. It is how it is. And I think how it is, is rather good (I am not married btw.)

If you want the additional rights a married couple gets, than no one is hindering you. Simply go to the town hall and make it official. No need for an ring, church, cake, party, or what's not.

But I assume there are reason why you are not married. Like because marriage will have some drawbacks which you rather not like to have. See that is the thing with the having the cake and eating it. You can not have both. You have to walk the walk if you want to go were the married couple privileges are.
Frankly, I think you are being a bit hard on the OP. First of all, he actually came back and said what happened (so someone else can benefit from the information). As you all know, this happens in < 10% of cases - so bravo.

When you see the list of who you can transfer the plates to: parents, children, grand-children, sisters and brothers, children of a "conjoint" and in and out of a company. Not exactly a restrictive list. I personally think the GVA people could have been a bit more understanding.

The OP (if I am reading correctly) is registered elsewhere but CH does not recognize it. So be it. I doubt that he needs a lecture on the benefits of being married.

Anyhow, my input for the day.