View Single Post
Old 17.04.2018, 18:20
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 27 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 2,793 Times in 897 Posts
TheSpouse has a reputation beyond reputeTheSpouse has a reputation beyond reputeTheSpouse has a reputation beyond reputeTheSpouse has a reputation beyond reputeTheSpouse has a reputation beyond reputeTheSpouse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kindergarten teacher does not take nut allergy serious

This could actually turn into an interesting thread on perception over time, no matter what country you hail from.

I grew up in the 1960's in America and there were a few known allergies at that time. Shellfish and beestings, which made people go to the hospital. Pet dander and pollen which made people have to use antihistamines.

In the 1980's, when my own kids came along, I noticed that the oldest son broke out in a rash when he ate Skittles and red M&Ms. The youngest son broke out in a rash when he was crawling around in the garden helping me plant marigolds. Same son also got a rash if I used a sunscreen with PABA in it. No biggie. Just don't let them eat things with a certain red dye, use sunscreen with PABA or touch marigolds. But, it they did, it was not the end of the world. Nut allergies? Never heard of them.

Fast forward to today and it seems like every other thing is going to kill somebody. I'm no PhD who can tell you why this is, but it certainly makes for an entertaining topic.
The following 3 users would like to thank TheSpouse for this useful post: