View Single Post
Old 17.04.2018, 18:54
modified and reprogrammed

Groaned at 181 Times in 145 Posts
Thanked 15,207 Times in 7,699 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kindergarten teacher does not take nut allergy serious

Quote:
View Post
"Prevention may be partly achieved through early introduction of peanuts to the diets of pregnant women and babies."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_allergy

Tom
There really is a medical theory back home on introducing all foods before 1st bday - since the cell map is fixed around then, before it starts identifying new foods as unfriendly or toxic. I did, all my friends and family, while nursing was super pushed, so some stuff got passed through bm as well = no allergies. But I never dug into it to know more, it just made sense. There were kids at playgroup here staring at mine, rubbing strawberries, peanuts, kiwis and whatnot around her mouth when she was a few months old. Eggs. Regular cow milk. The no-no choking foods were her favs, grapes, bluberries. Her food was bm, so she thought those colorful things are to poke and suck on.

I know, though, that serious food allergies are deadly, and it does exist here.