View Single Post
Old 17.04.2018, 18:55
Forum Legend

Groaned at 88 Times in 69 Posts
Thanked 11,884 Times in 4,829 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kindergarten teacher does not take nut allergy serious

Here's another idea I saw work long ago, which might help OP and her daughter.

I knew a child whose asthma was set off by certain food-colouring and preservatives. When he was about four, the parents devised a clever little song, with a dinky melody, and taught him to sing out all the names of those chemicals, and the song included a verse about what might happen to him if he ate or drank any of them.

Whenever he went somewhere for a visit, or when someone brought food along, he would do as taught and get the attention of the adult in charge by singing his little song, looking ever-so-cute. It worked.

The older he became, the less he needed the song and the more he could just say: "No thanks, unless we're sure it doesn't have all those things in it, I'll just have something from my lunchbox." Diabetic childen do the same.

I guess this method would be suitable only for a child who truly believed in the matter, him/herself.