View Single Post
Old 20.04.2018, 10:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 444 Times in 382 Posts
Thanked 18,446 Times in 9,782 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

The cost of the Brexit divorce bill for the UK could be billions higher than the £35bn-£39bn figure put forward by Theresa May, a report by Whitehall’s spending watchdog suggested.

The National Audit Office (NAO) has warned that the UK could pay an extra £3bn more in budget contributions as well as an additional £2.9bn to the European Development Fund.

Source

Maybe they can borrow money from the NHS

Meanwhile the Telegraph is claiming that the EU have rejected the various UK plans for the Irish border on the basis that none of then will work. The Telegraph claims this will mean UK has to stay in the Customs Union; I have no idea if this is a viable option?

The same newspaper has an article on the recovery of the value of Sterling which some people ascribe to the foreseen benefits of Brexit and others due to the belief Brexit will not happen