View Single Post
Old 27.04.2018, 15:47
Forum Legend

Groaned at 434 Times in 375 Posts
Thanked 18,179 Times in 9,669 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
The collapse of the economy was supposed to happen immediately after a leave vote. The Chancellor of the Exchequer said there would need to be an emergency budget immediately after the vote, that did not happen, unemployment fell & the economy has grown. Whats not to like?
As my teacher used to say, "this hurts me more than it will hurt you"

The UK’s growth rate has been diverging from those of the US and the EU over the past year as the global economy has picked up.

“The UK remains firmly in the slow lane of global growth ” said John Hawksworth of PwC.

The UK economy almost stalled in the first quarter of 2018 growing by just 0.1 per cent the weakest since 2012, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) reported on Friday.

This was down from the 0.4 per cent expansion registered in the final quarter of 2017 and well below the 0.3 per cent City of London analysts had expected.

ONS estimates that construction output, around 6 per cent of output, slumped by a massive 3.3 per cent.

Manufacturing output, around a tenth of the economy, eked out growth of 0.2 per cent, well down on the 1 per cent plus growth rates recorded by the sector in the second half of 2017.

Source