View Single Post
Old 30.04.2018, 08:53
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 1,363 Times in 596 Posts
Spinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GDPR and EnglishForum

Quote:
View Post
EF is based in Sweden, therefore EU rules apply. As it doesn't really ask for personal data, you can of course question if GDPR is applicable at all.

There are tracking cookies, google analytics, google publisher, SkimLinks and some other stuff.

Oh, and it collects birthday and email address from what I remember.... and it can collect more in your profile. Oh, and let's not forget your pseudonym. It uniquely identifies you, so it is personal data.

The question is, from a reason of processing perspective - is it consent? I don't have a contract with EF that I can think of, so legitimate interest may be hard to prove....

That said, post content is technically "public" - so as long as EF can anonymise it (delete your profile and attribute all your posts to "DeletedUser") that's a step forward.

Then again, one could argue that in the unstructured data (i.e. your post content) there may be personal data and content which can uniquely identify you...
This user would like to thank Spinal for this useful post: