Thread: Salt Fiber Box
View Single Post
Old 06.05.2018, 13:51

Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Jaceq has earned the respect of manyJaceq has earned the respect of manyJaceq has earned the respect of many
Re: Salt Fiber Box

Quote:
View Post

As for doing the test during my internet issues... impossible. My issue is that I lose connection to the internet (it stays connected to the wifi, but needs to disconnect and reconnect to establish a connection to the internet again at least on my phone)
On my laptop (2 years old) it requires a full restart 1 out of 4 times to fix it, and 3out of 4 times I need to run the windows troubleshooter, because it won't let me disconnect or after disconnecting it can't find any wifi signal anymore.

My laptop might have it's own issues, but my phone, Chromecast, Google home mini and game console all have issues with keeping a consistent internet connection.
So these are wifi issues rather than WAN / internet link. In this case you can try to do such workaround:
- If possible disable WIFI on salt router
- Use a external access point or a normal router connected into salt box to do wifi part

Quote:
View Post
On notebooks usually there is only a 1GB connector.
Newer wlan cards can support above gigabit speeds, but those will be still below 10Gbps.
Only chance to test it is to have a 10GBASE-T card in your computer with PCIe (or a thunderbolt to 10G adapter).

Maybe we should start a separate thread to collect 10G products, because right there are not so much on the market for SOHO (or at least not cost many k CHF).
Can you please show me a WIFI card in laptop that has theoretical speed of > 1 Gbps?? Also, remember that wifi is shared medium, meaning that total speed is shared between devices.