View Single Post
Old 13.01.2007, 11:34
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 26 Times in 19 Posts
dannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What BitTorrent client are you using?

Bittorrent all seems to be very clunky and unsatisfactoy still. My re-exploration was prompted by another thread on how to use 10mbps cable to actually get good content over the internet in Switzerland. Leaving aside the copyright issues and the fact I would be happy to pay for the referred to content to have it NOW on my pc.

The good: managed to download TV series season X in two files overnight total about 3.5gig. Downside: not a single episode can be reassembled from the RAR files, all have one corrupt package. Total waste of time. Summary: Right now this technology is for tinkerers. Or am I missing a trick?

UPDATE: Well it is definitely for tinkerers. Having got into the bowels of my routers and firewalls and having my ports forwarding on all cylinders and tried a few clients out, and found a few decent sites (try netforbeginners.about.com/od/peersharing/a/torrent_search.htm for a review of 35 top ones) I am finding the shows I want and achieving download rates of 200+ KBps, its starting to make more sense...

Daniel

Last edited by dannyt986; 14.01.2007 at 18:41.