View Single Post
Old 18.05.2018, 19:49
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 1,201 Times in 480 Posts
NickGB has a reputation beyond reputeNickGB has a reputation beyond reputeNickGB has a reputation beyond reputeNickGB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Canyon purecycling online bike order

Quick update on Canyon and Pure Cycling and my experience:

Ordered a bike from Bike and Boarder, whom I had used previously. Great deal on a 2017 bike. After 3 weeks and several calls I got an email saying that they can't complete the order because of lack of stock. I understand how this can happen, but not after 3 weeks!

I had my eye on a Canyon Spectral 8.0, which has rave reviews and won some kind of bike of the year, but I chose the one from Bike and Boarder as the discount from RRP was too great to pass up. When that fell through I decided to go for the Canyon from 'Pure Cycling'. The 8.0 was now only available in July...damn... so I decided to throw some more cash at my problem and ordered the 9.0, which was 'in stock' (Ab Lager)

Ordered on the Monday and on Thursday I was notified that it was on the way. On Friday (today) UPS attempted delivery, but I was not at home. (I can't confirm this for sure, but I think that the delivery address must be the billing address. Regardless, I didn't want my reception at work to have to accept a bike!)

Online I was able to choose to go pick up the bike from UPS, which I'll do next week.

One thing I was panicking about was the tax/customs/charges etc that I would need to pay UPS. On the slip I received in the postbox, it indicates CHF301, on a CHF3.5K bike! Pleasantly surprised!

So far so good. Next post: Can you really put together a Canyon Spectral 9.0 in 10 minutes?