View Single Post
Old 19.05.2018, 10:52
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
NickGB has a reputation beyond reputeNickGB has a reputation beyond reputeNickGB has a reputation beyond reputeNickGB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Canyon purecycling online bike order

Quote:
View Post
It would take me 30 minutes or so to do that kind of assembly (and perhaps more to make sure it fit me), but I'd want to setup the brakes and gears as well (cassette like a dinner plate...). And then give it a really careful look over.
Actually they do all the fine tuning at the factory and even test ride it before it gets to the customer. Setting up the gears? I wouldn't touch a derailleur, its a dark art! And brakes? They're hydraulic, so again, no way! Regarding fit, it has a hydraulic seat post, so you can adjust on the go!

Quote:
View Post
Looking at it has made me realise the popularity now of gravel bikes. People are craving something like an old-school mountain bike.
You don't know the half of it. I thought my biggest decision would be between a 'hard tail' and full suspension, but when I chose the latter I was then faced with: Enduro, XC, downhill or all mountain!

Let's see...as my wife says "all the gear and no idea"