View Single Post
Old 24.05.2018, 13:05
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
alphag has no particular reputation at present
Re: Handover apartment in Lausanne -- Terrible experience

Thanks for your answer. Let me explain all the charges in detail:

1) 150 Fr - for cleaning the floor and the walls. They said that it needs to be cleaned further (although they were already quite clean). They specifically complained about the grooves between the tiles of the kitchen floor.

The handover company mentioned that they will come back and clean it. However, I don't know what kind of job the handover cleaning company did.

The agency told me last week, that it was not enough, and I would still have to pay the cleaning fees. After sending multiple mails for receipts, now the agency has replied (just now) saying that they didn't hire a professional cleaner, but it was done by concierge (see, scam).

2) 150 Fr- fridge door for the freezer part that broke. The door was too tight and I had complained to them. They had sent a repair person, but he didn't repair it properly. At some point, it got stuck and broke when I tried to open it. Again, they say that it's my fault that I didn't inform them that it wasn't fixed properly. I think 150 is too much as it was a small fridge. Again, they have provided no receipts.

3) 200 Fr - for washing the mattress which got dirty. Nothing special, just normal use.

5) 30 Fr - for changing two bulbs that stopped working.

I signed the etat des lieux which mentions these prices. I understand that I should have been more careful, but I had paperwork from 5 different places (new job, new permit, new apartment, old apartment, leaving Lausanne), coincide in one week, and I didn't have time to do everything with perfect care.

The lesson I had already learnt is to report issues to them (like I should have done with the fridge) as often as I face them.

Btw, just to tell you, my stay at apartment coincided with last year of PhD and it was a crazy crazy time..workwise!