View Single Post
Old 26.05.2018, 02:34
Forum Legend

Groaned at 193 Times in 160 Posts
Thanked 13,324 Times in 6,947 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

2205 post on this thread. I read the last one and started humming "may the circle be unbroken ...." (happens to me all the time, my brain seems to think in songs, even if sometimes only a line or two really fit LOL).
Same ol', same ol'. In German it's called 'Parolen dreschen'. Dreschen is threshing - you hit the crop until it's farina.

So I wondered if it started as primitive as it has become and wow! How pleased was I to find the first post.

olygirl, the fear of US people frightened you? Well, we can just be frightened. Full stop.
Or we could go back to discuss what your original subject was (you did chose a bad title for it though ..... or has it been changed by someone who - as so many - did not get what you meant?)

The way I understand your first post - I was not active on here when you posted it - is that you wanted to discuss the phenomenon of what fear can do to people and that even though there is history to learn from (and it's not only the Nazis, it's other cases in the past as well) some people just keep reacting the same ol' way.

Or am I the one who misunderstood your intention?

When little children feel uncomfortable with something, they just sit down and scream, scream, scream. Refusing to listen to any reasoning. Does anybody see the resemblance?
Only the children grow up. Well, some.

When I look at the first post, it could have become an interesting discussion. But maybe we should just use this therad as a playpen?