View Single Post
Old 28.05.2018, 11:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 89 Times in 83 Posts
Thanked 8,728 Times in 3,997 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Wrong thread!
This will be increasingly inevitable as events of the past few days have shown.

There's a potential schism between May and the DUP over the impending change to abprtion laws in Ireland. Arlene Foster has said it will make no difference in the north. May increasingly needs the DUP support to prop up her right to govern, so dare she defy them on this? Her late reaction to the referendum result suggests not, which in my book, is another shameful indictment of May.

Then we have strong rumours of another G.E. in October, but why?
To bolster May's percentage and secure her leadership without the need for DUP support?
To secure a Tory government further into the extended Brexit negotiations?
To be rid of May altogether and have larger support for a new candidate?

It's become a ridiculous state of affairs, far worse than I expected, and we haven't even left yet.

Just a little side note... I was looking into changing my UK bank account last night, to enable me to manage affairs there. The number of accounts available to expats is shrinking massively. Brexit is a factor, but mainly it appears that there wasn't enough take up of these products to make them viable.
This user would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: