View Single Post
Old 28.05.2018, 14:36
Forum Legend

Groaned at 355 Times in 194 Posts
Thanked 5,992 Times in 2,749 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RAV question - issued termination letter from company, contract to end in 6 month

Quote:
View Post
Hello,

I am unfortunately one of the many layoffs in my company and have been issued a termination letter that will end my employment contract (and salary payment) in 6 months. I am not working during this final period, therefore the company and myself are doing their best to help me find another job as soon as possible. (I still have minor responsibilities.)

If I am unable to find a job before my contract expires, I know that I will be able to join RAV. My question is: Does my RAV eligibility start now from when my termination was issued or does it start when my contract expires/when I stop being paid by my company? In RAV's eyes am I already unemployed and therefore when I start receiving benefits from them in 2019, they will deduct the months I was still under contract but not working?

Thanks!
Am in a similar situation (contract hasn't yet been terminated), but having a 3 month termination period (last was 6), you have to register at the RAV now.

The eligibility will begin as soon as you don't receive income. It's not a great feeling, but hey, you contributed enough of your assets towards this premium over the years!
This user would like to thank ZuriRollt for this useful post: