View Single Post
Old 20.06.2018, 22:05
oscaar oscaar is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 35
Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
oscaar is considered unworthyoscaar is considered unworthyoscaar is considered unworthy
Re: Are permit F holders required to pay full tax while working at the UN

View Post
Permit F is "vorläufige Aufnahme" (temporary admittance) for asylum seekers.

Is that the permit you have?
Yes, I have had it for 6 years now. The SPOP (Service de la population) issues and renews it annually with no requirements.

I can work and travel (along with travel document) anywhere except UK, US and Canada. It is treated in the same way as a B (for refugees), the difference being I can not have a my wife or my children (if I had) come to join me, unless I work and can support them financially, which I agree with. For other refugees with B, this is not the case.

Second, I can't buy stuff like TVs via a payment plans, because 95% stores don't accept the F.

Of course the main difference is the obvious potential and prospect of being deported one day, should the situations in my home country normalize. Aside from those, it's pretty identical to the B type. The refugee office and administration even synonymize the two and make no distinction because we similar rights and privileges.

Though, there is another type of F permit given and usually called "F humanity" meaning it was given/granted based on humanitarian grounds, which is entirely different and has possibly the worst form of privileges/right of them all.
Reply With Quote