View Single Post
Old 13.07.2018, 20:32
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,079 Times in 743 Posts
Thanked 18,327 Times in 7,121 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Well, after today and yesterday, I have a certain amount of respect for May. She held it together with good grace.

To think she managed it when Davis and Johnson bolted, a couple of back benchers walked out, Trump disrespected her and vocally supported Boris and not her Brexit etc. etc. and she hasn't downed tools, said sod it.. unlike Cameron who ran away at the first sign of trouble.

I think there are many politicians across the spectrum quietly praising her for holding her own.
Agreed, she has poise and dignity in situations where many men would by now have have crumbled. She stepped up to lead the country through its most difficult time when there was no-one willing or qualified to do it, and for that she has my respect and also pity.
This user would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: