View Single Post
Old 14.07.2018, 12:02
Forum Legend

Groaned at 421 Times in 313 Posts
Thanked 19,862 Times in 10,633 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post

I am getting the feeling for all that its worth, that the untenable situation the government is finding itself in, will eventually force a second referendum.
It's wishful thinking & also believing the result would be any different. Remember pinion polls before the vote showed a landslide to remain. I suspect Trump will get a second term as the economy is booming yet nobody will tell you they voted for him.
Quote:
View Post

To think she managed it when Davis and Johnson bolted, a couple of back benchers walked out, Trump disrespected her and vocally supported Boris and not her Brexit etc. etc. and she hasn't downed tools, said sod it.. unlike Cameron who ran away at the first sign of trouble.

I think there are many politicians across the spectrum quietly praising her for holding her own.
Her only weakness was not firing those 2 incompetent ministers, perhaps she asked them to resign for them to save face.