View Single Post
Old 23.07.2018, 11:09
Forum Legend

Groaned at 422 Times in 314 Posts
Thanked 19,901 Times in 10,648 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
Passports will be scanned and timed- both in France and Switzerland.

Now do not want to hit below the belt- but access to healthcare may be a problem. Bupa's policies may well change for 3rd country residents- and perhaps boat residents nowhere. Waters do belong to individual countries. Ond day you might even become an OAP and require permanent residence somewhere ...
I suspect you don't frequently fly between Schengen countries, however there is no passport control & passports are not scanned. Passports are sometimes required to board planes but not all the time when flying from CH, DE, FR, IT & MT from personal experience.
Quote:
View Post
I recall, I was called landlord scum, for renting out my flat. By a tax exile with acres of land in the UK. Oh the irony.
I don't own any land or property in the UK & have not had any for over 20 years, so I guess you don't know the meaning of irony
Quote:
View Post
Project 'Desperate Measures' #i'malrightjack from FMF.

I hear Costa Rica is the destination of choice.
Hardly, I have spent over €100,000 in Malta & France so far this year, If I am not allowed to spend my money in the EU I will spend it elsewhere. Best Powder skiing is in Japan, North America has good skiing so I don't need to spend the winter in France. Plenty of nice places for summer sun. When your retired & always on Holiday going somewhere else is actually a good thing.
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: