View Single Post
Old 23.07.2018, 12:43
Forum Legend

Groaned at 421 Times in 313 Posts
Thanked 19,764 Times in 10,588 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
You do realise the UK is still in the EU, no? After Brexit, if it happens- queues at airport will require UK passport holders to queue in non EU lines, with our 3rd countries.
I am not talking about travelling outside Schengen. Inside Schengen there are no passport controls, I rarely show a passport.
Pre Schengen there were no passport inspections just wave a Blue British passport. Since Schengen the UK has had lines for everyone. In most EU Airports arriving from non Schengen you have EU Passports & All Passports, I usually go through the All passports as the queue is shorter.

To answer a previous fear point, I don't have an EHIC card so don't get access to reciprocal health treatment in the E.U. That will change when I get a Swiss OAP from age 63/65 & I have to pay for Swiss Health insurance.

Geneva Airport expects Brits to go through the same channel as EU/ Suisse , I love their recent signs.

Edit,

If I were you, I would be more worried about the UK introducing exchange controls that Labour had until Mrs Thatcher came to power. Not being able to take your UK pension income out of the UK every month would amuse me no end.
Attached Images

This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: